Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Packing necessities for the beach!

Hey y'all, i'm headed to my beach house this week for the 4th and couldn't be more excited!  I'm so ready to smell the salty air and soak up some rays!  But first i've got to pack, so I thought I would show y'all a few of my necessities when packing for the beach!  (I always over pack, so this is only about a third of all the things I actually brought!)



I always pack the things I easily forget first!

  • Lilly Pulitzer cooler tote in You Gotta Regatta
  • Lilly Pulitzer beach tote in Blue Sailors Valentine
  • Lilly Pulitzer beach towel
  • Lilly Pulitzer rubber pool sandals
  • Lilly Pulitzer Sunglass Straps
  • Koozies
    • Monogrammed seersucker koozie
    • Over Under Clothing girly koozies that say "A gentleman would never steal a ladies koozie now would he"
Some other things I brought include my monogrammed Camel Bak, Lilly Pulitzer tumbler, Lilly Pulitzer floppy beach hat, Lilly Pulitzer You Gotta Regatta beach bag (one bag is ready for the beach and one for the boat), and of course my Lilly Pulitzer speaker so I can listen to some tunes!


After i've packed all of my accessories I need for the water, I pack my bathing suits!  Of course I pack my bathing suits before my clothes because lets be real, bathing suits are more important than clothes when you're going to the beach!
I've got tons on bathing suits, but here are a few I picked out to bring!
  • Juicy Couture blue and white seersucker bikini
  • 3 Lilly Pulitzer bandeaus with surfs up bottoms
  • Coral (my favorite color) bathing suit top from Target with fringe


Now that I've packed all that I really need, I guess i'll throw in some clothes, starting with my cover up!  I am obsessed with this Lilly Pulitzer Hotty Pink Floral Punch print and this cover up.  It is a very light weight tunic cover up.  This is an older print, and I have the surfs up bottoms in it, but I am still on the hunt for the bandeau top and determined i'll get it one day!


Next I pack my tops.  I know y'all know I brought more than this, but here are a few!  I always love packing my Hotty Pink and Lagoon green Lilly Pulitzer Cleo tops because they match all of my shorts!  Call me crazy, but after a long day in the sun I love to put on a comfy long sleeve shirt.  My clam shell and starfish long sleeve Lilly tops are perfect for this because they are oversized and comfy and of course cute at the same time!  I'm also one who is obsessed with wearing white at the beach so I brought my white Elsa top!

Next I pack my shorts and comfy tees.  I'm sure y'all could have guessed that I would be packing a few pair of callahans and then I also brought my white walsh shorts and my seersucker seahorse Vineyard Vines skirt!
My comfy tees, tanks, and monogrammed nike shorts are my go to's once I get out of the shower after a long day on the water.  I've become a t-shirt junkie, mainly because my boyfriend gets me a t-shirt whenever he orders from his favorite brands, but here are a few that I selected:
  • Coral Southern Shirt Co tee
  • Teal blue Brewer's Lantern tee
  • Navy blue Over Under Clothing tee

Of course, I can NEVER go to the beach without dresses!  Here are a few of the nautical dresses I selected!  But as i'm sure y'all already know, I ca't go anywhere without my Cassie and Sommerset dresses, so this is only about a 5th of the dresses I brought!  As I always say when packing for the beach, I never know what tomorrow's sunset will look like so I better be prepared for it than wish I had the perfect dress to match it!

Finally, time to jazz everything up!  I can't go anywhere without my pearls, monogram, and Michael Kors watch, but of course I have to bring the nautical jewelry to the beach!  I've got my sand dollar cuff, anchor bangle, starfish necklace with matching earrings, and of course my omega with my fish charm!

As I said before, I ALWAYS over pack, but I am always safe and never sorry! (until I have to go back to reality and unpack it all!!)  So here are a few of the things that I packed and are always necessities!


XOXO,
Southern Lilly Lady

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute, cute!! Great choices! :)

    XOXO-Lydia
    preppychictheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete